Not much to say about this. Venison, good. Bacon, good. Spicy, good.
And if you’re worried about the recent news about red meat, read this before you believe all the hype.
Spicy Venison-Bacon Meatloaf
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes to rest
Serves: 4-6 generous portions of meaty heaven
- 1 lb venison
- 1 lb bacon
- 2 tbsp chili garlic paste
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ red onion
- ½ sweet onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- ½ tomato
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Using your handy-dandy meat grinder, grind the bacon and venison. Loosely mix and grind again to combine the two meats well.
3. Add spices: garlic paste, chili powder, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper. Loosely mix and grind mixture one more time.
4. Next, add your eggs and almond flour to the meat mixture. Combine well using a heavy spoon or spatula. (Don’t try your hands. It really wasn’t more effective and by gosh it was messy!)
5. Add your chopped vegetables to mixture and combine well.
6. Brush the inside of your baking dishes with coconut oil. Fill with meat mixture and pat down.
7. Bake for 1 hour or until internal temperature is over 160. (Mine was ready right at the 1 hour mark.)
8. Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes before serving.
9. Serve and Enjoy!
Eat Organic Food. Or as your grandparents called it; Food.