Leave it to Don to come up with something amazing on a whim! He threw this together yesterday.
Ingredients (best guesstimates on quantities since Don doesn’t really measure)
- 2 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped up into bits
- broccoli – a good size head, florets cut into bite size pieces
- carrot – a full size carrot stick, shredded
- sugar snaps – a handful, roughly chopped
- coleslaw shreds (pre-packed or fresh cabbage chopped) – about 1.5 cups
- pumpkin seeds – a small handful
- raw sunflower seeds – a small handful
- mayo – about ½ cup
- apple cider vinegar – about 3 tbsp
- raw honey – about 2 tsp
- mustard seeds – about 2 tsp ground with a mortar and pestle or (like us) ground in seconds with your Bullet (if you have one; if you don’t, you should get one!)
- paprika, salt, and pepper – to taste
1. Mix slaw veggies.
2. Combine dressing ingredients and mix well.
3. Add dressing to slaw and devour!
If organic farming is the natural way, shouldn’t organic produce just be called “produce” and make the pesticide-laden stuff take the burden of an adjective?