It may come as a surprise to some (but not to most who really know me) that I’ve never had fried green tomatoes before. I thought it was high time to try them. This recipe comes from the Tropical Traditions Coconut Recipe Blog.
You don’t need much for this simple finger food.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika (we meant to add cayenne too but forgot; I think it would be a good addition)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large (or 2 small) green tomatoes cut into slices
Dredge through egg wash, coat with flour and spice mix, and fry. Easy. Peasy.
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
- Fried Green Tomatoes (thehoosierkitchen.wordpress.com)
- My Recipe For Fried Green Tomatoes (creativeliving1.wordpress.com)
- Oven-Fried Green Tomatoes (makingitwithdanielle.com)
- The Easiest And Tastiest Fried Green Tomatoes (chicorganicmama.com)