The only adjustment I made to Paleo Mom’s 2 Minute Cinnamon Apple Mug Cake was to use a little less honey. Her recipe calls for 2 tablespoons and that just seemed like a lot for me. So I only used 1 tablespoon. I also didn’t measure my walnuts, just chopped up a handful. Cuz I like nuts.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 apple, peeled and cored
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- handful of walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- dash of pink salt
(Be sure to jump over to check out the original recipes for other adaptations to making mug cakes, especially since Delighted Momma’s are chocolate cakes – for you chocolate lovers out there.)
The idea is to combine everything in a mug, and then microwave for 2 minutes. Easy. Peasy.
I used my bullet to puree the apple.
I chopped the walnuts by hand.
And then used a fork to mix it all together.
Sweets grown common lose their dear delight.
~ William Shakespeare
- Healthy Cake, No Oven Necessary! (theposhlist.wordpress.com)
- Mini Protein Carrot Cakes (thefoodmedic.wordpress.com)
- Raw zucchini cake….remastered (spiritedgreenmama.com)
- Almond Carrot Cake – Gluten free and Vegan (doofniks.wordpress.com)