It took me a long time to find product replacements for our hand soap and dish soap. (Dishwasher soap coming in a future post.) It is easy to find natural bars of soap but I tried buying a soap dish and replacing the liquid hand soap with a bar soap. It’s still sitting there, barely used, staring me in the face. Every. Day. (Maybe I should just take it off the sink already. LOL) I don’t know about you, but there’s just something about liquid soap for washing your hands quickly at the sink.
After much looking at brands and prices online, this is what I thought I’d try, and I LOVE them!
I ordered the hand soap first and was instantly pleased so I branched out to the dish soap as well. The dish soap is highly concentrated so not much is needed and it lasts a good long time. Both soaps are:
- plant based
- not tested on animals
- made in the USA
- free from formaldehyde, petrochemicals, GMOs, phosphates, chlorine, and ammonia
- are biodegradable and come in recyclable plastic
- and they smell wonderful (they have other scents to choose from; I just like the Pear and Lavendar myself.)
If you’re looking for chemical-free options for your home, I highly recommend these and the Earth Friendly Products brand. Read more about the company here. You can find their products on Amazon and in a number of local stores. Just use their retail locator on their website to find something in your area.
**I have not been compensated in any way for my opinions on these products; I simply like to share my product experiences with the intent of introducing others to new or different ideas and products.
Approximately 72 percent of the waste currently being landfilled or incinerated consists of materials that could be put to higher and better use through recycling or composting. Most of this material is office paper, cardboard, non-recyclable paper, and food waste.
~ Minnesota Office of Environmental Assistance
- Antibacterial soaps make bacteria you’re trying to kill, stronger (mydoorsign.com)
- The Best Dish Soap (thesweethome.com)
- A Green Clean: DIY Household Cleaners (livingsurrendered.com)
- A natural, foaming hand soap with all the watermelon scent, none of the pits (coolmompicks.com)